Physiotherapy is an evidence-based profession that encompasses a number of non-invasive therapies to prevent injury, optimise healing, relieve pain, restore function and support athlete performance.
Physiotherapy is actively collaborated within the veterinary industry as a regular part of animal healthcare of all ages from the domestic pet to the performance animal.
Typical indicators that may mean your horse requires physiotherapy
- An deterioration in performance or change in behaviour
- Resistance to normal exercise or to perform particular movements
- Loss of impulsion or willingness to go forwards
- Uneven muscle development or muscle atrophy
- Evasion to having tack or rugs put on
- Uneven wear of shoes or repeatedly pulling shoes off
- Behavioural changes
- Stiffness coming out of the stable or when first ridden